Our consulting business began in 1981 and in 1997 incorporated
with the current company name. John J. Grey is the principal,
with over 40 years in the industry.
Our services are as follows:
Fastener Failure Investigations / Analysis / Solutions
- On-site investigations, including photographic capture to show damages
and product failures.
- Full lab-testing capabilities through third-party facilities, with
interpretations and reports.
- When required, complete and detailed corrective actions will be supplied.
Fastener Related Litigation Support
- Case preparation, expert reports, depositions, and courtroom testimony.
- Planning for materials, strength, drive systems, environment, finishes,
- The "Basic Training" series includes segments on Fastener Standards,
Standard Product Designs, Thread (inch and metric), Materials,
Manufacturing, and Heat Treatment.
- "Maximizing Threaded Fastener Performance," a how-to-do-it
program for longer product life.
- Plus, additional programs can be created to meet the needs of your
Import Source Development
We've improved fastener plants in Taiwan and Japan, and in 2002 we set
up Asian headquarters in Shanghai to do more work in China. If you're
not receiving conforming products, we'll determine what problems
exist and in a tactful manner eliminate them. Additionally,
we can evaluate new sources, assist with contract wording for
quality protection, and facilitate importing products direct
to you. Further, we can be very valuable regarding joint ventures
or manufacturing agreements.
Whether it's interpreting a blueprint or specification, or a measurement
dispute, our technical competence can make sense of the situation
and help bring a solution to your problem.
- Product Design
- Process Engineering
- Tool Design
- Material Specifications
- Plant Layout
- Heat Treatment Requirements
- Platings and Coatings
- Lab Testing / Lab Design